Distance learning is a method of learning that doesn’t require you to attend classes, stick to timetables and meet deadlines. It's a flexible type of learning, using a combination of different methods to deliver education without requiring you to go to a school or college.
Instead you study at home, or at work, in your own time. Some people have a regular time they devote to studying; others just work whenever they have a spare hour or two. Distance learning allows you to take control of your learning, working at a pace you're comfortable with and not being bound to deadlines.
When you study with NEC your materials will be sent out to you. You'll be allocated a personal tutor who will mark your work and give you feedback. You complete your work in your own time and you’ll receive the same qualification you would in a school or college; it’s just the way of learning that’s different.
Learning with NEC has the following benefits:
- Flexibility: study when you want, in a place and at a pace that suits you, with no classes to attend
- Perfect for people working full-time, looking after families or caring for others
- Anyone can enrol regardless of location, background or education
- Enrol when you like, with no academic terms to adhere to
- 18 months’ support from personal tutor and course coordinator
- Access to online resources.
For more information about what sets NEC apart from other providers, visit the Why choose NEC page.