Maths skills are essential for many education or training programmes, and in many careers. This course introduces key maths ideas and techniques such as working with numbers, decimals, fractions, percentages and more. On completion of the course you can transfer to our GCSE Maths course and gain an important qualification.
Duration of study
- Working with numbers
- Directed numbers
Section 2 topics:
- Percentages and ratios
- Beginning algebra
Section 3 topics:
- Coordinates and straight lines
- Shapes and symmetry
- Factors, Multiples and Primes
- 1 introductory assignment
- 3 assignments
Set texts and resources
- Windows 7 or later
- Mac OSX 10.7 or later
- Google Chrome OS
- Android 4.4 or later, using the Chrome browser
- iOS 6 or later, using the Safari browser
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest version)
- Safari 6 or later
- Internet Explorer 10 or later (excluding IE11)
learn@nec may work on other operating systems and browsers with some restrictions. You can see full details of the system requirements by clicking here.
How to enrol
- Click the ‘Enrol now’ button above.
- Telephone us on 0800 389 2839 or +44(0)1223 400200 and speak to our course advice team.
- Ask us to send you an enrolment form which you can complete and return by post.
Thank you for your interest in this course.
Please fill out your details below, and you will receive an email containing a link to download the course sample.