Duration of study
- Studying a foreign language
- Vocabulary guide
- Listening and pronunciation guide
- Grammar guide
Module 2 - Study topics
- Talking about yourself
- Talking about family, friends, likes and dislikes
- Ordering snacks and drinks
- Finding holiday accommodation and changing money
- Finding the way – asking and giving directions
- Time, dates, timetables and bank holidays
- Shopping for food
- More about shopping and other daily tasks
- Travel and transport
- Enjoy your meal!
- Healthy living, and interests and hobbies
- Town and country – holidays and holiday activities
- Where you live, the weather and the environment
- School, work and getting a job
- Home life and events, including loss and theft
- Character and personal relationships
- Future plans – careers, family and holidays
- Talking about past events
Exams and assessment
- 1 hour 30 minutes, 50% of marks
- 40 minutes, 25% of marks
- One oral exam, 25% of marks:
The oral exam is 10 minutes. Please refer to this page for more detailed information about how to take your oral exam through NEC.
Non-exam assessment (NEA):
This course has:
- 1 introductory assignment
- 15 assignments
Set texts and resources
- Windows 7 or later
- Mac OSX 10.7 or later
- Google Chrome OS
- Android 4.4 or later, using the Chrome browser
- iOS 6 or later, using the Safari browser
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest version)
- Safari 6 or later
- Internet Explorer 10 or later (excluding IE11)
learn@nec may work on other operating systems and browsers with some restrictions. You can see full details of the system requirements by clicking here.
How to enrol
- Click the ‘Enrol now’ button above.
- Telephone us on 0800 389 2839 or +44(0)1223 400200 and speak to our course advice team.
- Ask us to send you an enrolment form which you can complete and return by post.
Paying in instalments
Amount of credit:
Duration of agreement:
Rate of interest:
0% APR representative.
The National Extension College (NEC) is the trading name of the Open School Trust, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 676788). Finance is provided through the Deko platform by a number of lenders. You will be offered the best rate available based on your credit history and the lenders’ credit decision policies.
Deko is a trading name of Pay4Later Ltd who act as a credit intermediary. They are registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/faq or visit www.dekopay.com.
Thank you for your interest in this course.
Please fill out your details below, and you will receive an email containing a link to download the course sample.
What our students say...
"Through returning to studying I gained enough confidence to apply for a job as a research assistant at my local university where I was offered the opportunity to start a Masters Degree – something that I had always wanted to do. I’m even considering doing a PhD!"
— Julia Hill